What This Blog is All About

Beauty is the accurate language of itself. Pictures which paint a thousand words are its secondary tongue. This blog uses pictures while it attempts to convey that primary language.

There is beauty beyond that seen by the eye. But it takes the soul to perceive it. The feeling of mirth, the feeling of lightness, the feeling of being, the feeling of love for the Creator, the feeling of awe, the feeling that could make one weep for a reason only the soul understands- these are what this blog wants each and everyone of us to experience.


Saturday, November 22, 2008

IN THE LAUGHTER OF A CHILD (II)

Whenever I see my bashful baby smile in delight without restraint, my heart leaps. It leaps even more when I know that I contributed to the cause of her happiness. You see, working mothers with so very little time on their hands must suffer from such huge guilt complex over their inability to spend as much time with their children. I know the feeling. So I cherish every time I have with my baby girl. While at work, it gives me relief from stress to remember her mirth.

When I took Gawani to a vacation in China, Hongkong and Macau for almost two weeks last October to November, she was very happy. Although she had a few tantrums which is normal for a baby her age, she was a very amiable vacation companion. Since she is now a very good reader, she took charge of reading the maps and made decisions as to where we should or should not go.
Every time we would go to a place, she would ask me if I ever took her two older siblings (Dinney and Lugat) there. If I answered in the negative, she would say, "Mommy, let us take some pictures here." When we returned home, she would say to the brother and sister: "We went to (this or that place) and you never went there."
My bedimpled daughter is truly a thing of beauty and a joy. Forever.